Friday, May 28, 2010

Creole Chicken Stew....


After work I was hankering for something with a little spice.  I had written a recipe a few weeks ago that I never made...until now.  It is very high in protein and low in calories.
Chiich and I went for another hour long walk around River Oaks.  She was not having it...she looked at me like I was Satin.  When we got home I started on dinner.
The rice...standard process.  I just do half chicken broth & half water.  I just think it is a little more depth of flavor.  The stew was a few stages.  I sauteed the onions & bell peppers until they were translucent and tender.  Transferred that to a bowl.  In the pan I now sauteed chunks of boneless/skinless chicken thighs.  I generally am not the dark meat kind of guy.  I just thought I would try again.
After the chicken browned on all side I added 2 sliced of chopped up turkey bacon and garlic.  Once they were cooked I added white wine..water..chopped tomatoes..thyme..S&P..hot sauce..cumin..after a quick boil I added green beans and let it simmer for 20 minutes.  It made a YUMMY meal.

No comments: