Monday, July 27, 2009

What's for dinner???


Yesterday was a lazy Sunday. I really didn't want anything too awful heavy for dinner. I decided to throw together a salad, steam some veggies, and cook a couple pieces of pork. It was healthy, yummy, and very easy. The pics don't really do it justice.
I seared the pork that was seasoned with thyme, chipotle powder, garlic, s&p. Once I got a nice sear on each side I added a tablespoon of honey and some balsamic vinegar to the pan. I placed the pan in the over on 350 to reduce the glaze I was going for. It was just enough to flavor the pork and leave some dried tidbits on the bottom of the pan. I have some compound butter in the freezer for when I need a little flavor. It is butter/garlic/cayenne/chives/S&P all whipped together. I cut a tablespoon of this and put it in the pan after I removed the pork. It melted and I scrapped the tidbits off the bottom to make a nice flavorful addition to the vegetable i steamed.
I plated the pork and veggies along side a small salad composed of spring mix, pecans & dried cranberries. I topped it with a balsamic vinagrette dressing.
Simple and yummy.
Thanks to Healthy Chioce for my 100 calorie Fudge bar that I got with coupon at COSTCO this weekend =)

No comments: